Langley Castle has nineteen guest rooms, all with private facilities, and are luxuriously appointed. Some have features such as a four-poster bed and window seats set in the 7ft thick castle walls.
Langley Castle was built in the middle of the 14th century by Sir Thomas de Lucy as a great H-shaped tower of four storeys. Before this the site was the seat of the Barons of Tynedale in the 12th century
It was attacked and severely damaged in 1405 by the forces of Henry IV in the campaign against the Percys and Archbishop Scrope.
Langley remained as a ruin until it was bought and restored by a local historian, Cadwallader Bates, in the late 19th century until his death in 1902.
After this time the building remained empty until it was used as a barracks in the Second World War following which it was used as a girls' school.
It has since been converted into a luxury hotel set in a woodland estate of 10 acres (40,000 m2).
If you wish to stay at Langley please see the accommodation page for further information.